Thursday, 16 May 2013

Nothing


It did cross my mind to put in some effort and write something new today for this blog but then I actually thought about it...

You see, my dam broke two days ago. The dark waters of self-doubt came crashing through the fields where I usually gather my ideas and then quickly swamped my intention of blogging every day and slowly building a readership. The tide finally ran up against my stubborn intention to carry on and you can still see the high water mark and some cracking where my belief is giving way.

Blogging is a miserable business when you get down to it. It’s like filling an infinitely empty hole for which you’re never thanked. I know I probably do it all wrong. I write too much, spend too much time on a cartoon. I should make this closer to Twitter. Writing the first things that come to mind…

I need to brush my teeth. That cloud looks like Russell Mael from Sparks. Isn’t ‘Thesaurus’ a strange word? I just remember to get some new batteries for my rabbit. Why do Maplin keep sending me catalogues? I still don’t know how those slugs are getting into the kitchen. Hmm… It might rain later. Silk stockings, I think. The large jar of honey and some hotdogs…